Your full day tour covers much ground to deliver the signature scenes from the famous movies that were shot around the Queenstown region. Commencing at 8am, the tour first travels West to Glenorchy and Paradise before returning to Queenstown for lunch followed by Arrowtown and Gibbston before finishing in Skippers Canyon.
Refreshments of tea, coffee, hot chocolate accompanied by biscuits and cake are served both morning and afternoon and a light lunch is supplied in one of the Queenstown cafes.
The morning tour travels along the Wakatipu Lake edge to the small hamlet of Glenorchy. This portion is scenic with many photo stops along the way and in the Paradise region of Mount Aspiring National Park, short walks on flat forest track are easy and the road is a mixture of seal and gravel.
The afternoon section is more rugged with short periods of rough ground and river crossings. The tour visits Gibbston and Arrowtown and the Skippers Canyon Road which is high and windy. Short walks are on well managed surfaces and the opportunity to pan for elven gold is beside the river on uneven ground.
Content of the tours include the setting s for; The Ford of Bruinen, Gladden Fields, The Pillars of the Kings, exodus from Edoras, Warg Battle, Misty Mountains, Itilien Camp, Oliphants, Caradhras, Lothlorien, Fangorn, Gap of Rohan, Isengard, Dunharrow and many backgrounds to the scenes.
Join us! “Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn. Forth, Eorlingas! “
- What Will You Do- Visit filming locations from LOTR, The Hobbit, X-men Origins: Wolverine, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and others
- Bring the films to life! Dress up and take photos in our replica props and visit Paradise Forest (the Forest of Middle-earth)
- Travel the Skippers Canyon Road to Lighthouse Rock
- See spectacular views over the Wakatipu Basin and gold pan in the Arrow River
- What To ExpectFilming locations of the scenes:
- Misty Mountains
- Refugees of Rohan
- Battle of the Wargs scenes
- Ithilien Camp – Oliphants scene
- Lothlorien forest
- The Battle of Amon Hen/Seat of Seeing
- Pillars of the Kings
- Ford of Bruinen
- Gladden Fields
- OUR Road to Mordor
- What Is Included- Movie props
- Gold panning
- Pickup from Town Centre or Queenstown accommodation
- Professional guide
- Tour on vehicle 4x4